National Service Scheme (NSS)
A NSS unit consists of 100 (students) volunteers. We have Two NSS units. Out of Two units, one unit is allotted for boys and a unit is allotted for girls. Assistant Professor will work as a programme officer in each unit. The senior professor will serve as a coordinating officer.
- Jawaharlal Nehru established the National Service Scheme for the welfare of the students.
- The first and second year students will be enrolled as volunteers. The final year students and the post graduate students will not be admitted in NSS.
- Admission is based on the willingness of the students. They are supposed to do service for 120hours in a year. Apart from this, they have to attend a special Camp.
- Fifty students will be selected in a unit. The above students should stay in the camp for seven days. During the camp, the students are provided food from the college fund allotted for NSS. And also facilities such as transports, food, etc., are provided from the above fund. Money will not be given on any reasons.
- The students who are not enrolled in National Cadet Crops, Social Services League and National Service Scheme, can join in Social Service League. They can render service to the college as well as the society.